You know how ex-lovers say that they miss certain things about the relationship or the person?
Well, to me, it is always the little things that I miss.
- Running my fingers through your hair as we lay next to each other, my body turned towards yours and how you turn yourself to face me, placing your arm around me.
- Hand holding, either loosely or tightly.
- Those (slow) smoldering looks that speak volumes.
- The continuous effort of making plans and them changing due to spontaneity.
- The playful tickling and wrestling.
- The ‘I don’t understand’s,’ the ‘sometimes I feel like,’ and the other misunderstandings.
- The fights, the sweeping things under the rug until we choose to deal with them, and the silences where you think you might not make up.
Reminders to Myself: I have to take the bad with the good and the good with the bad and hope that they are all adding up to something incredibly special.
If, by the end of it, it doesn’t go the way I planned or wanted, all the little things did add up to something as long as the experience made me feel.
Feelings remind us that we are human, that we are alive, and thank God for it.
To me, it’s always about the little things.
“In the end, it’s these small things that you remember. The little…imperfections that make them perfect, for you.”
To end, please watch this: